This morning was a perfect Saturday morning. The alarm did not go off. In fact, it was blessedly not even set. Instead, I turned over and opened my eyes to Mr. Schalk smiling his perfect wide grin. He is such a happy man! Then, I looked down and saw miss Bonnie ready for to be snuggled by anyone who would entertain the thought. She got a tummy rub then settled down in between us for another snooze. Mr. Schalk and I peered at my tummy as our little girl rolled around and around. She is finally strong enough to visibly kick and move while we watch in awe. She is a mover and a shaker in the mornings. What a blessing to have a lazy Saturday morning to watch God's little creation move and learn and stretch.
Dutch apple pie, sugar cookies and a table set for fun!
We were reminded of what is in our near future as we stopped by a friend's house for a birthday party for their 1 year old. He is such a sweet boy and full of family and friends who adore him. I cannot believe it's been a year since he was born. Where does the time go? No, seriously, I'd love to know. What a delight to see him grow up and learn so many things this year! Happy Birthday Jensen!
It's a delightful fall weekend and I'm off to run some errands and hopefully be productive. So many things on my "to do" list, but sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the beauty of the day and the company.
Fall mum bouquet courtesy of the beautiful Ashley
Have a delightful weekend friends!
xoxo, Rachel




Rachel,
ReplyDeleteIsn't it a wonderful miracle - words are so inadequate - to watch your baby grow? What a joy to watch this miraculous development.
You and Mr. Schalk will never, ever forget this blessed time.
And the food you featured? So wonderfully, deliciously seasonal!
Raquel, I am enjoying reading your thoughts and discoveries as you go through this special magical time. Love you loads and loads!! xxoo
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteYour posts inspire me daily. I don't know if there are words to describe the way one Christian feels when she hears another Christian take delight in the Lord. I am always so excited to read your new posts and hear about your little growing girl! Have a blessed day :)
All your yummy apple creations look amazing. I just made a batch of apple butter..yummm.
ReplyDeleteOff to take a peek around some more...your blog is lovely.
Happy November to you. xo