Archive

Friday, June 25, 2010

Moo

Montana - 2005

Moo. That's "happy Friday" in cow. The weekends are quite lovely and I am happy to welcome another one back so soon. It's been a good but long week. These kinds of weeks deserve some sweet cow photos. The above was taken on our honeymoon in Montana. These are "wild" cows, but they still abide by the 45mph or less rule around curves. Cows are law abiders, you know.

Shaker Town, Pleasant Hill, Kentucky

I adore cows! I don't have any in my house, though. I like the real thing. Driving down a country road and seeing cows grazing in the sunshine and green grass. I can't put my finger on what it is, but they just make me happy. My family thinks I'm crazy. I get excited over cows anywhere I am. Last year, Mr. Schalk and I were at the Grand Canyon. I got more excited over the cows than the buffalo. For the record, we have LOTS of cows in Indiana. We have zilch buffalo. I know, I don't make sense.

How could you not love this face? This is what I look like in the morning. No, I'm serious. It's pretty fantastic.

Remember these love birds? They are from Amish Country. Cows in love, nothing sweeter. Except maybe old people in love. Oh be still my geriatric lovin' heart. Little old couples like my friend Doris and Wayne are the best. They are best friends and super spunky!

Well, friends I'm off. It's Friday and the weekend is teasing me with its closeness. I hope you all have fabulous weekends. Doing anything fun? Special? Amazingly wonderful yet ordinary? Those are the best. Finding joy in the small things. Like cows, and fireflies, and spunky 90 year old couples.

Cheerio and toot toot,
xoxo, Rachel

9 comments:

  1. I love cows....we have a bunch of them just down the street and I pass them everyday..They are dairy cows and they are just darling.
    Thank you so so much for visiting me! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee I laughed at your little thing for cows..they really are nice aren't they?!

    I'm not doing anything particularly special this weekend..just going to enjoy the weather and family : )

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I loved this! All I'm doing is working and hiding from the heat this weekend, but it's summer so I can't be too cranky about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cows, too. Fields with cows grazing are a sight for sore eyes.

    Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

    Elizabeth

    Do you really grow your own food? I do, too, at least some anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cows Rachel!! MY Todd used to be a cowman. They are basically very gentle creatures, not as dumb as people think and they each have their own personalities! Have a wonderful weekend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cows too, Rachel. IMHO, Jerseys are the most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually I miss cows. When I was in grade school, my grandparents had cows and a woods, a garden etc.. all of that wonderful countryside stuff. Once I stayed overnight at a friend's home and they had a dairy farm. We rode on the baby bulls!!! To this day, I can't believe I did that. I was just a little squirt then though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you heard of Lurch the bull? He had the larges horns in history. I got to meet him while I lived in Oklahoma a few years back. Sadly he past away, but he was so dang cute!!

    http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/worlds-largest-horns.html

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!