Archive

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bernheim Arboretum

The first stop on Mr. Schalk and I's Memorial Day adventure was to the Bernheim Arboretum. A sweet woman at my day job recommended this oasis, and we were so glad she did. It is absolutely gorgeous!


This is what the roof is made of!

Mr. Schalk and I had a nice picnic by the research center, then enjoyed a hike around the grounds. I have so many photos from our excursion that I'll let them do the talking. Hey, stop applauding! :)




Gorgeous cedar boxes in all shapes and sizes, including triangles. Genius!




You can thank Mr. Schalk for the following photographs. My hubs has skills!


We couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you Lord for the gorgeous weather!


Serene beauty.


Family fun.


More family fun.


This little duck was swimming with geese and a turtle. Three wildlife sightings in one! You can imagine I was very excited. "You always have to keep your eyes open for such things," as I am prone to saying.




I would highly recommend the Bernheim Arboretum if you are in the Harrodsburg or Louisville area. Amazing trails for biking, hiking and exploring. Also, pups are welcome, but please don't tell Bonnie. For a mere $5 it makes for a super enjoyable day. We can't wait to go back and explore Bernheim even more. But alas, we had more adventures to conquer. Next up, Maker's Mark distillery. Onward and upward my friends!

xoxo, Rachel

6 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel, it looks like you had a lovely day!! What gorgeous weather you had, and the perfect place to enjoy a day together in! Just wonderful! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome pictures! :) It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, u have a lovely site and the story behind the name is so cute......
    Thanxx for being part of the Bake it pretty giveaway, and a follower, all the best !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those photos say it all! What a beautiful place to experience with your hubs! I am going to have to check that place out online. I really love that photo of the butterfly on the flower.

    Rachel, tomorrow please stop by my blog because I am having my very first blog giveaway. I would love for you to enter. You have been such a joy and encouragement to me. Thank you!
    I have so much to tell you. I will try and email you in the next few days. My son-in-law helped me this past weekend by making a banner for my Etsy store to come! He is very talented that way and I'm amazed that things are happening so quickly. I just need to make more creations to put in the store before I open it. You my friend, are going to open an Etsy soon too.

    Hugs,
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic photos! Thanks to Mr. Schalk as well :)

    Every time I've been to Kentucky I've been driving through it, with only a few quick stops. These photos make me realize I need to stop and check things out a little more next time that I'm there.

    P.S. - I LOVE that roof. Think I can do it at my place? haha

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!