Saturday was a perfect day for.......yep, you guessed it... a picnic! Liz was amazing and drove all the way down to my neck of the woods to have a girlie day. After a quick stop at The Flying Cupcake we made our way to Ft. Ben state park. We said "hi" to the ranger and then went to scout out the perfect picnic spot pronto. We were hungry girls! We saw this tree and knew it was special. This spot truly exuded sweetness and light!
Veggie wraps, peanut butter, berries and cupcakes made the perfect spread! I could seriously live off of veggies and desserts and be so happy. And bacon. In moderation, but a definite must have.
We were starving, but just had to snap some photos of our treats before diving in. These photos don't do justice to the ethereal beauty of the whole scene. The sun was shining brightly and shadows were dancing wildly on the blankets. The tree was strong and its branches reached to the heavens. Our food looked beautiful popping with color and anticipation. It was a magical morning. Anthro has nothing on us!
I made Giada's peanut butter + jam cookies for our picnic in the sun.Tasty, rich and chocolatey. I have some ideas for tweaking this to be "just right" but it was a very tasty recipe. Aren't you shocked I was baking on a Friday night? I couldn't help myself!
Photo by Liz
The cupcakes were a decadent treat. We don't see each other often and it was so nice to enjoy these beauties together. Liz had the salted caramel lovely a la top left. I hear it was fantastic. I was too busy sweet talking my red velvet elvis cupcake to ask for a bite. It was divine!Our picnic was full of good food and sweet conversation. Jesus was totally partying with us as we laughed, thought out loud and snapped shot after shot. Why do the best times go by so fast? Please come down for another picnic soon Liz! It is only getting warmer!
xoxo forever, Rachel
um. you are a LEGIT photographer. these are amazing images. the light in them in incredible! that tree picture is just as i remembered its magic in my head! i cant stop thinking about that salted caramel cupcake. really, you really will need to make a special trip to go buy one. yumyumyumyumyum.
ReplyDeleteOh your girlie day and picnic food sound like the perfect combination, along with the nature scene.
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing photographer. These pics look like they came out of a food magazine!
I LOVE these pic! AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteOh how fun Raquel!! You have reminded me of the girls picnic I went on a few years back. There was about 4 of us old gals and we drove down to Eastbourne and ate our picnic up on the hills at Beachy Head, the sun beating down on us, the sea breezes cooling us and what looked like the whole world to enjoy as the view! xxoo
ReplyDeleteLooks like the perfect day! You two created the most beautiful picnic I've ever seen :-)
ReplyDeleteI love your photography skills and whatever filter you are using on them. So awesome!
ReplyDelete