*yawn*
Last evening Mr. Schalk made another delicious supper. This Sunday night dinner thing is something I could get used to. I knew the day was going to be good when the first thing out of Mr. Schalk's mouth when I woke up was, “I know what I’m going to make for dinner.” Followed by, “braised lamb shanks.” Oh dear. Oh my. I had never had such fancy fare, but after hearing the recipe I was convinced I was in for a culinary treat.
In short, yes.
Yes I was.
Tender, tasty and just plain amazing. Perhaps his best yet. Needless to say (because I pretty much just said it) the evening was delightful. We watched a movie (The Other Boleyn Girl…not my fave) then hunkered down for a nice sleep before our work week started.
Then 2 am happened.
“What is that noise?” (Mr. S)
“Snarf snarf..I dunno” (me)
-Try to resume sleeping-
*scratch, plonk, lick, lick….lick*
“What is she (Bonnie) doing?” (me)
“Did she barf?” (me)
“Sounds like it?” (Mr. S)
You get the drift. Mr. Schalk went downstairs to check on the basement (you don’t want to know) and I checked on the Bonnie.
A.K.A. Bonnie the Problem Child. Bonnie the Pig Pie. Bonnie the Trouble Maker.
She looks cute enough, but don’t be fooled. Sister successfully pulled the lamb bones out of the trash without disturbing anything else! Not cool Bonnie. I’ve said this before, but it's worth repeating. Girl has skills. Argh!
Then, butthead brought her pup treasures upstairs to devour. This is what caused us to stir out of our lovely winter night's slumber. Bones were confiscated, trash was put in the dumpster and sleep was attempted again. Then...
“What is she doing now?” (me)
“She is…” (I can’t remember what Mr. Schalk said. It was 2 am, you see.)
I felt the need to investigate, thinking I would find her beside the bed and take away any more bones she had hidden in my first confiscation attempt.
Instead, this is what I found…
But this is EXACTLY what I found at 2:15am this morning. Yes, that is our shower! What the goose?!
Bonnie was IN the shower!
Can someone tell me why? She knew she was in trouble, but what possesses a dog to go and sit in the shower? Was she contemplating her actions? Plotting her next scheme? Bored?
The world may never know.But even at 2:15am I was laughing my bum off. I mean, seriously?! The shower?
The End.
Excuse me while I go watch Top Gun and try and forget the troubles of 2 am.



Here's my guess ~ Bonnie made such a mess with her 'boneheaded' middle of the night raid that she felt the only way to make it up to her mom and dad was to get in the shower and clean up!
ReplyDeleteOr, perhaps she mistook it for a confessional booth with the curtain and all, and was looking for much needed forgiveness.
Or, she wanted to hide 'til the heat was off and using her coloring as camouflage, chose the white tile wall and white floor of the shower as a place you two would nevvvvvvver see her until she was in your good graces again!
Oh, silly (hungry) Bonnie :-)
Oh, lovely ideas indeed! I see you are siding with the innocent "I'm truly sorry for my transgressions" Bonnie. Perhaps sister was sorry. She did look pretty pitiful in the shower last night. Little stinker. :)
ReplyDeleteOh too funny! Don't they do the strangest things? My dog acts like a cat. She curls herself into a tiny ball and lays on the back of the couch.
ReplyDeleteoh man. there is nothin worse than the sound of a dog possible puking. i couldn't catch from your post if she actually did or if it was just her 'chewing'.. i have awoken many a morning to some presents on the floor. ugh. ugh. ugh.
ReplyDeletetoo funny about the shower.
Way to cute! I can not believe that she got to the bones.(Sneaky) I love the innocent picture of her in the tub. Crazy girl.
ReplyDeleteTheresa
P.S. I love the ideas Patty thought she might be doing!
Hahahahaha, oh the joys of having a dog! I can only imagine what was going through your mind when you found her in the shower at 2am!
ReplyDeleteMy parents once had the same problem with one of their dogs. My mom would come home and find paw prints all over the tub a few times a week for a couple of months. And then it just stopped. We never caught her in the tub and we never figured out why she went in their. Very bizarre.
P.S. - I like your shower curtain :)
Hahahahaha, Oh the joys of having a dog. I can only imagine what was going through your mind when you found her in the shower.
ReplyDeleteMy parents once had the same problem with one of their dogs. For a couple of months my mom would come home and find paw prints all over the tub. Then suddenly they just stopped. We never caught her in the tub and we never figured out why she did it. A total mystery.
P.S. - I love your shower curtain :)