Archive

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mackinac & LMP Baby!

What do you blog about when it's 13 degrees outside and you are oh-so-sleepy?


Summer vacations!

This picture is from Mackinac Island last year. Mr. Schalk and I love this island. It is small and quaint and lovely. We like to stay in the B&B's because they are small and quaint and lovely..and affordable! I'm sure the Grand Hotel is wonderful, but we'll stick to our B&B's.



This little island has sweet little shops with things like fudge and tea cups and bike rentals. It's so small, roughly 3.8 square miles, that you can see the whole island in just a day or two. There is a beautiful park, historic forts and tours and a wonderful bike path around the whole island. The first time we visited we rented bikes. Now, we prefer to take our own.

I can certainly vouch for this little getaway, especially if you're in the area. It's a great weekend getaway. The food is yummy on the island, and we especially enjoy The Carriage House in the Iroquois Hotel. Three words: Lemon Meringue Pie. LMP baby!

If you'd like to learn about the island here visit their site at www.mackinac.com.

Have a wonderful evening friends! The weekend (and summer) are just around the bend!

xoxo, Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Hi--I just found your blog, and am somehow going to find time to read back-posts in the next week. ;) Perhaps give some bloglove too, and on that note, I love your profile picture, dear! So cute! . . . Ha, and yes, I agree. It's too cold out to blog about anything else but summer vacations...oh, what a lovely idea! <3

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!