
Higgins Lake is gorgeous in the summer. Look at that water! Look at that sky! Oh my, the blues and greens are colliding into dreams of summer, sunshine and sweetness. I cannot wait to get back on the boat with the warm breezes running through my hair, Mr. Schalk at the wheel and Bonnie at the bow.
Oh wait...
...it's the middle of January. I have a LONG time before this picture becomes reality. Ho hum. I'll have to go back to my second love of the lake...

Ice fishing! Okay, maybe not my second love per se. But a lot of fine Michigander's love. I have been staring at this picture for weeks. There is something about the movements, the colors of the fisherman's clothing and the activity itself that intrigues me. Those little huts..do they work? Are you warm in there Mr. Fisherman? Do you get nervous driving your ATV out on the ice?
Do you call it ATV or four-wheeler? We always called it a four-wheeler, but I hear ATV more often. I heart four-wheelers! They are great fun to drive around in Mr. Ed's tree fields. I'm sure they are great on ice covered lakes, as well.

Brr, it was cold standing in the middle of the lake with our girl when this picture was snapped. Don't worry Bonnie, mama has you safe and sound. We won't ....crrrrack! Ahh, RUN!!!
Just kidding!
Although, we did hear cracking while walking out on the lake. I was nervous, but Mr. Schalk assured me it was just the 14 chocolate chip cookies I had eaten a few hours before. Phew!
Is it summer yet?
Luckily, I have a few months. As excited as I am for summer lake weather I can certainly wait a while for swimming suits.I know, did I really have to bring that up? No, no put it out of your mind. It will be fine. Just fine.
Let's go eat some cookies!
No comments:
Post a Comment