Archive

Monday, December 7, 2009

Sleds & Snuggies


A couple weeks ago my sweet mama, Mr. Schalk and I went out to dinner to celebrate December 1st. We went because it was the start of the Christmas season, advent, and because we could. So we did. It was lovely. We went to our favorite little frenchy restaurant Petite Chou where we met a lovely new waiter, Bulent. I think he was from Oklahoma. If Oklahoma was somewhere in Europe, that is. He was very fun and had a quick wit. I adore quick wit and sincerity.

Our December 1st get together served as a perfect excuse to exchange little treats. My mama got a chocolate advent calendar. The German kind with the little Christmas scenes on the front. Did you have those growing up? They bring back lovely warm memories. She really seemed to like it!


Mr. Schalk and I were completely overwhelmed (in a good way) with our present. An adorable sled that my mama graced us with. Isn't it lovely?


It is a wonderful antique sled just for us and our little Christmas home! Complete with hand painted pugs and a beautiful design. It looks superb under our tree.




Wait, a second...what is that beside the sled under our tree? Bonnie? Is that you?

Yep, that's our girl. She got a December 1st present, too! A really nice lady Mr. Schalk works with gave him a present to give to Bonnie. Her very own....

Snuggie!

I know, can you believe it? I joked a while back about seeing these in the pet store. Now, our girl has her very own. She was not as amused as her mama was. I thought it was adorable. Mr. Schalk thought it was pink fleece torture. Bonnie tended to side with the Mister. She was a good sport and wore it around for a while. It did look pretty cute once I figured out which direction to put it. Tricky little fleece contraptions.



Thank you Jesus for this season of celebration! For December 1st parties, snuggies, family and most of all your awesome free gift of grace.

xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. aww...I'm smiling here. What a nice post! Love the snuggie and the sled and your tree is beautiful! I need to get busy and put ours up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog. I love cupcakes too... but who is "Moose"? No, no... don't tell me. I've bookmarked your site and I will be back to check out more.. maybe I can discover who Moose is by reading more... A Moose hunt!

    Cute blog. I love your pictures. I especially like the first one in this post of the Christmas bells. It's lovely and almost ethereal. It really caught my eye when I came onto the site and it made me want to stick around... Found you in the comments on PW's site.

    I'll be back.

    Blessings,
    Rachyommmy - www.mommytopics.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments Rachymommy! I can't to check out MommyTopics. I just caught a sneak peak and it looks super fun! Love the ornament cupcakes - I never thought of that before.

    I honestly can't remember if I ever explained what "A Cupcake For Moose" actually means. If you don't find it in your "moose hunt" I will have to blog about it. :) Thanks so much for visiting and for the comment!

    Marie - Thanks for your comment, as well. How is your Christmas decorating going on your side of the pond?

    Merry Christmas Marie and Rachymommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sled! Wow. So cool. And I ADORE the doggy snuggly! Who knew : ) It makes me want a snuggy! And a dog : )

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!