Archive

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let's hear it for Danny Kaye!


This is my blessed family. They are crazy and lovely and artsy. Unique in their own ways. There is my tree hugging daddy, Mr. Ed, and my sweet Mama. She loves her family with her whole heart and is a true artist. She's the best mama in the whole world - generous and kind. Hugs and kisses fly up in the air when I think about her. Then there is my favorite only sister, The Liz. She is a GOOF! A hilarious, business saavy, doughnut connoisseur goofball. I adore my big Sis, and still look up to her. Her hubby is pretty great, too. Gavin is a techy, Paris lovin' bro-in-law who knows how to have fun! I wish they lived closer, but visiting them in the Windy City is always a treat. Oh, and we mustn't forget Mr. Schalk. He is wild at heart for sure!

Sigh...my quirky family.

Hobbies range from fly fishing to vintage shopping to cupcake tasting. Which brings me to the one lasting similarity that ALWAYS brings us together.


No, it's not our common love for White Christmas. Although, that is strong. But who doesn't adore Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and the gang? It's just not the Season without them belting out "Sisters" in their blue feather get ups. Yeah, Christmas must have been a drag pre-1954.

No, my friends. What I'm getting at is that we all share an extreme love and appreciation for the culinary delights!

Yep, that's The Liz up top showcasing her First Prize Snowman pops! This is the epitome of The Liz. I was so proud of her last Christmas! She's the one who shared with me the fantabulous Blueberry Zucchini Bread recipe. The one that Mr. Schalk went yum over. Bottom left of the top photo montage (did you get all that?) are some garden fresh veggies getting ready to become my Mama's famous pot roast. Oh dang, it's good. She is the only person in the WORLD that I know who still uses a pressure cooker, but it's perfect every time. She rocks the pressure cooker!

The Rhine girls love our sweets!

Oh, and our pups. We all love our pups, too!


Precious Maddy face!



Brother Poley showin' off the Pup Snuggie (not really, but it would be cool if it was one. I saw them in Petsmart the other day. What the heck? Pup Snuggie...really?) ANYWAY, Poley is a doll face, too!



Breezy! Bonnie's half-sister (can you guess which half) and a Bobcat lovin' Bichon.



Our girl Bonnie! Dreamin' of biscuits and a brother. xoxo puppy dear!

3 comments:

  1. You're family is very cute! I can totally see why your sister won a prize. Those snowmen pops are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I know, aren't the snowman pops adorable?! She came up with the idea all by herself - I'm practically related to Bakerella herself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for your family! and for danny kaye and the whole wonderful lot of white christmas! i wish i had it on dvd - i only have it on tape and so if i want to watch it i have to go to my classroom - and right now i want to spend any extra time i have (what little!) away from my classroom! but i will quickly cave, i love that movie.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!