Archive

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

breaking out of her shell


This was Bonnie tonight. After a super long walk around the neighborhood and before a trip to the pet store.

The pet store about did her in. Tail bowed under, shaking like a leaf. My girl is anxious. It's not good. It's embarrassing and saddens me for Bonnie's sake. She was always, how should we say, cautious. Yeah, cautious. It took a while for her to warm up to people. She goes crazy for family members - happy, kissy, a general whirlwind of excitement. But back the train up if this girl has to meet new people or new pups. She cowers. She hides. She is not friendly. At. All.


See? Okay, in all honesty she was looking intently at a treat, I believe. But you get the idea. This could easily be mistaken for her anxious state. Not a happy pup.

So, we are taking our girl on very long walks and beginning this weekend we are trying our hand at professional training/socialization classes. Please, Jesus, let our girl be cured of her timidity and let us take the right steps in helping her. I just wish I had the right tools to help her. I know it has a lot to do with us, her pack leaders. (Thanks Cesar!) I hope this works better than my diet. Unless, by diet you mean a diet of cookies and milk for dinner. That, I'm good at.

Hopefully, my girl will be on the road to happy again. Please, be happy Bonnie. Even in new social situations. I promise you will like the people and pups you meet along the way. We'll be right there encouraging you. You are such a good girl with your pack. Extend the pack Bonnie! Pweeeeeese!


xoxo, mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!