
Aren’t they GORGEOUS? Could you get any more cottage garden perfect than these? Don’t even respond…the answer is no. These are the prettiest roses in the sweetest cottage ball jar I’ve ever seen! I’m in love with them and even more with the man who got them for me.

What a thoughtful surprise! To top it off they were just to make me feel better. It’s been a rough couple of weeks - full of blessings and sadness. Sometimes, I don’t know why God blesses me so much. Don’t get me wrong, I am forever grateful. I just don’t understand why good things happen to me when I see people around me hurting. I am constantly reminded of Jesus’ words in Luke 12:48:
When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.
I hear Jesus reminding me of these words when I am blessed abundantly with love, family, a job, health, a home, an abundance of food, a positive outlook, the amazing outpouring of love and ultimate sacrifice from my Savior. What beautiful gifts! How am I ever to live a life worthy of such blessings? Then Jesus tells me it is by being His light, letting the sweet Spirit work through me. I have the gift of Jesus’ grace that He gave to me (and you) in His death and even more in His rising back to life.

Lately, my prayers have centered around asking for God to use me as his vessel. I don’t know why, but that has been the specific prayer on my heart as far as personal requests. My mom mentioned this past weekend that she liked something I emailed her a while back about living a life worthy of Jesus’ sacrifice. I went to find out what she was talking about and this is what I found:
July 24, 2009 – “If I am doing that [what makes my heart (and God) happy] then I will naturally be a vessel for God who gave me my gifts. Then I will be able to talk about Jesus to other people through my art and living a life worthy of Jesus' sacrifice.”
It’s hard to describe, but this hit my like a ton of bricks. It is fascinating that God brings words and thoughts to my heart and mind over and over again until I am on the road to understanding. The point is that I am trying. I’m trying to be a joyful, happy light for Jesus and think about others more than myself. I’m trying to thank Him for these amazing blessings by living a life completely, unashamedly for Him. For my Creator. My heart is the Lord’s forever and it feels so sweet to sit beneath his wing and love others freely because I am freely loved.
These roses were thoughtful, surprising and loving. And they were so much more. I adore my husband more than words can describe. He is worthy of my respect and admiration. Both of those, along with my heart, he has completely.

Thank you Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment