Archive

Sunday, August 9, 2009

bye bye basil #2

Aww, poor basil. Amidst everything that is green and flourishing, including your basil brother, you did not thrive. Your pot was full of water and your leaves were gone. I'm so sorry you had to suffer the scorching midwest sun while your roots drowned away in their sorrows.

A little dramatic?

It's true. My poor basil did not make it while I was gone gallivanting on vacation. I planted two basil plants a few days before we left to go up north. B bought one and I bought the other a few days earlier. I'm not exactly sure which was which, but I believe B's has lived to see another day. Mine however...

..yikes! Don't be fooled by the pretty pink impatiens in the background. This did not look good for basil #2. I felt bad for the little guy. So, in order to pick myself up again I looked around at all the pretty herbs that were still flourishing and...




...ate a cupcake! Because that's what all good moose do when a tragedy of {minor} proportions occurs.

I feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!