Archive

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

God is a creative Creator!


brain flash - When I am closer to God I am closer to art. I just realized that when I am intently focused on Jesus and His presence/will for every aspect of my life I feel more creative. I am drawn to art and things that make my soul sing. Of course, Jesus makes my soul sing. When I am concerned about my walk with Him I find beautiful things presenting themselves. A conversation with a friend, a focus on art, a desire to be creative. When I fall away from my Lord I feel lazy, unmotivated and lacking. Surprise surprise. However, I never connected being with Jesus and being artistic. Things keep coming up that are tying the two together.

More on this later. I must get back my paycheck duties.

Praise Jesus that He never leaves us and always roots for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!