Archive

Monday, August 18, 2014

Dear Chief: 11 months

IMG_8126c

Dear Chief,

This month has been a fun one. You have started really interacting with us, waving and giving big, slobbery baby kisses. You sprouted three new teeth on the top, but it hasn't slowed you down too much. You are such a happy little man and curious about everything. I love to sit back and watch you play and explore. Your favorite things are climbing, playing peek-a-boo, being outside and making people smile.

IMG_8156

Another huge milestone is that you have learned to stand on your own and even took your first few steps! Wow, it has certainly been a busy few weeks for you! Walking is just around the corner, I'm sure.

I can't believe your first birthday is just a few weeks away. I am sentimental that your first year is almost drawing to a close. However, you are an amazing baby, and I have absolutely no doubt that you will be an incredible young man. You are funny and affectionate and a joy to have in our family.

Your Daddy and I went on a weekend trip to Antiques Roadshow and Shakertown last week. When we got home you crawled around the corner and saw us. You were having a fun time with Nana, and I don't think you expected to see us. I scooped you up and it seemed to click that Mommy and Daddy were home. You gave me the largest grin ever and started laughing. You kept looking at Daddy and back at me - you were so full of joy that you could hardly contain yourself. You cackled and waved your arms. I have not had such a warm welcoming in all my life. It is so true to your personality and I was overjoyed, too.

Happy 11 months, Chief. We love you so much!
xo, Mama

IMG_8177

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!