Dear Cricket,
I have been trying to write this post for days and days. You are now 15 months old and oh-so-very active. You are learning so much every day that I hardly know where to start. Yet, I know that I will want to remember these days forever. Part of me just wants to explode with every detail of your personality at 15 months. You are so vibrant and spunky that it's hard to just write the highlights. They are all highlights to me. Just a reminder that your Mama will always be your biggest fan. :)

Personality: Affectionate, spunky, busy, determined, funny, sweet and most of all HAPPY!
We rarely see you in a bad mood. I can remember two days in the last six months that you were truly unhappy and those were because you didn't feel well or were overtired. You are such a joy! You are laid back and easy going, yet determined as the day is long. You have a great focus and are not deterred easily when you've made up your mind to do something. It is challenging, but a trait that will serve you well in the future.
You are fantastic out and about. You love to go, whether it's to Fresh Market or an antique store, and are very well behaved. I'm beyond impressed with your ability to observe people and shops with quiet interest. You are reserved around new people, choosing to warm up a little before showing off your energetic self. Darling, you get that honest! I've got to warm up to people, too.
Most of all your personality is vibrant and unique. You are a joy to be around and so affectionate. You still pucker those baby lips to give us kisses and run into my arms after I get home from work to give me a big hug. Gah, I love you so much! You, my sweet girl, have a beautiful personality!
We rarely see you in a bad mood. I can remember two days in the last six months that you were truly unhappy and those were because you didn't feel well or were overtired. You are such a joy! You are laid back and easy going, yet determined as the day is long. You have a great focus and are not deterred easily when you've made up your mind to do something. It is challenging, but a trait that will serve you well in the future.
You are fantastic out and about. You love to go, whether it's to Fresh Market or an antique store, and are very well behaved. I'm beyond impressed with your ability to observe people and shops with quiet interest. You are reserved around new people, choosing to warm up a little before showing off your energetic self. Darling, you get that honest! I've got to warm up to people, too.
Most of all your personality is vibrant and unique. You are a joy to be around and so affectionate. You still pucker those baby lips to give us kisses and run into my arms after I get home from work to give me a big hug. Gah, I love you so much! You, my sweet girl, have a beautiful personality!
Things you are doing:
You are still a little thing, but growing like a weed. More up than out, but we'll take what we can get. You are wearing 12 month pants and 12-18 month tops. Your hair is growing in a beautiful light brown with soft curls at the ends. And those baby blue eyes are just as blue as ever. You've got a grip that could rival a grown man, but we are teaching you to "love" us - meaning touch us softly versus the death grip, pinching, grabbing you prefer. :)
Favorite Food:
Cheese, bunny crackers, bananas, quinoa, eggs and most veggies (esp. peas, cauliflower, carrots and avocado).
You don't love food. You eat but never with gusto or much excitement. I sometimes think you'd be satisfied drinking milk and playing all day. Meat is definitely a no-go and most foods get a few bites and then you're done with them. You will try almost anything once, which is nice. I try not to worry about your lack of eating, but I'm am constantly trying to think of yummy things you might enjoy.
You are on the go most of the time, which means the majority of our photos turn out like this. A smile on your face and a blur to your step. I have loved every stage of your life, but this is so far the most fun for us. It's SO much fun! You comprehend so much and are developing the most sparkling personality. You really add a brightness and life to our home. Happy 15 months my beautiful daughter. Thank you for being the sunshine of our lives!
Love,
Mama
- Waving hello and bye-bye. You especially like to wave at people when we go shopping.
- Putting things together (i.e. lids on tupperware, big puzzles)
- You can understand most simple commands (i.e. throwing away trash, putting your sippy on the table when you're done, getting ready for bed, etc.)
- You enjoy dancing whether it's to our music or your musical toys. You have mastered the twirl and bounce perfectly.
- Stories! You love to sit in our laps and read stories. You especially like to pick out the cat in the Mrs. Arbuckle book, which is what you're doing in the above photo.
- You are learning your animal sounds. You know a cow says "moo", a bunny goes "hop" and a dog says "bow-wow." In fact, whenever you hear a dog outside you like to remind us it goes "bow-wow"
- Speaking of outside, you LOVE being outside. You love the breeze in your face, swinging, playing in the dirt, bike rides with daddy, playing in your baby pool or just going for a walk. You and Bonnie stare out the patio door just hoping we'll take you out to play soon. You get lots of outdoor time but you would always take more. So cute!
You are still a little thing, but growing like a weed. More up than out, but we'll take what we can get. You are wearing 12 month pants and 12-18 month tops. Your hair is growing in a beautiful light brown with soft curls at the ends. And those baby blue eyes are just as blue as ever. You've got a grip that could rival a grown man, but we are teaching you to "love" us - meaning touch us softly versus the death grip, pinching, grabbing you prefer. :)
Favorite Food:
Cheese, bunny crackers, bananas, quinoa, eggs and most veggies (esp. peas, cauliflower, carrots and avocado).
You don't love food. You eat but never with gusto or much excitement. I sometimes think you'd be satisfied drinking milk and playing all day. Meat is definitely a no-go and most foods get a few bites and then you're done with them. You will try almost anything once, which is nice. I try not to worry about your lack of eating, but I'm am constantly trying to think of yummy things you might enjoy.
You are on the go most of the time, which means the majority of our photos turn out like this. A smile on your face and a blur to your step. I have loved every stage of your life, but this is so far the most fun for us. It's SO much fun! You comprehend so much and are developing the most sparkling personality. You really add a brightness and life to our home. Happy 15 months my beautiful daughter. Thank you for being the sunshine of our lives!
Love,
Mama



She is such a doll : ) I am super glad you get to be her Mama.
ReplyDeleteLove her cute little outfit!! :)
ReplyDeleteRachel, she is such a sweet little girl. It's hard to believe that she is 15 months old already. It seems like just yesterday when she was born! You are a fab mom. I can tell. No surprise there. I knew you would be. xxoo
ReplyDeleteBecky - I'm glad I get to be her Mama, too! It's like Christmas every morning! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Marcella! Isn't it fun dressing our littles?
Marie - It's amazing how fast the time goes. Thank you for your kind words. They really mean a lot to me. Love you friend!