Archive

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Puddin' Head Gingerbread Cookies (Revisited)

IMG_5622

IMG_5665

IMG_5737

I decided to kick off the Christmas cookie making festivities this year with one of my favorites, puddin' head gingerbread men. If you've been a reader of this little ol' blog for a while you may remember these treasured treats from this post two years ago.

IMG_5642

IMG_5640

This year my cookie monster decided to help. We had a lot of fun making cookies and chit chatting about the Christmas season and why Bonnie is so fantastic. You know, the important topics of life.

IMG_5650

IMG_5651

IMG_5655

Once the cookies were baked, I performed the obligatory test for "quality control" and determined that they were fit for consumption. It's a tough job but one I take very seriously. That is how I rationalize eating three cookies in a row. My little helper had never tasted a Christmas cookie..or any cookie for that matter. I couldn't resist giving her just a wee bite.

IMG_5657

It was a hit! Not the sweetest cookie in my collection, but a definite winner with Miss Cricket. I love that her first Christmas cookie was a recipe passed down from my mama. It is so special to me when recipes get passed down from generation to generation. It's a tangible memory and so fun to make something you know your grandmother made. Especially, something that tastes so darn good! Cookie Monster and Mama approved!

Click here for the recipe.

xoxo, Rachel

3 comments:

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!