Archive

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Shakertown with Cricket

You will probably be seeing a lot of my sweet girl and her bright red hat this week. We went with my in-laws to Shakertown this past weekend and I took lots of photos of Cricket in her winter hat. She is such a cute little elf baby! It was a lovely weekend full of good company, memory making and of course yummy food. We had not been to Shakertown since Mr. Schalk and I found out Cricket was a girl.


IMG_5439
We introduced Cricket to the animals. I believe I was more excited than she was. This horse tried to take a nibble of our sweet girl, which caused me to yell at the horse and poor Cricket to burst into tears.

IMG_5437
"Heyyy now, Mr. Horse," says Mr. Schalk. Step away from the cute girl in the red hat.

IMG_5440
The tears didn't last too long. Especially, once Mr. Schalkdaddy took Cricket on a ride on the swing. She loves...I mean LOVES, having the wind in her face. She giggles coming down the stairs so you can imagine how good a swing ride with her daddy felt.

IMG_5496
Have you ever visited Dear Photograph? It's a fantastic site where people submit photos of meaningful times in special places. It's a really great site to visit. I decided to do my own version. The above photo is a little hard to see, but it's my paternal grandparents with my sister and me in Shakertown circa 1983. My Grandma is holding me, but again it's a little hard to make out.

IMG_5490

And 29 years later, the fence is still there. Now Cricket is with her paternal grandparents enjoying the same sights and sounds that I did when I was a kiddo. Pretty special if you ask me!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

xoxo, Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures - love that hat on her :)

    Such a sweet thought to have the same picture of your little Cricket with her grandparents that you had from when you were a kid with yours.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!