Archive

Monday, September 12, 2011

Dear Mr. Schalk

IMG_1510a
Mackinac Island - 2011

B&R_Mackinaw090906
Mackinac Island - 2006

Dear Mr. Schalk,

It seems like just yesterday that I stood with you under a beautiful arbor in front of God, our Pastor, friends and family and said that I would love you forever. Six years and one beautiful baby girl later I love you even more than that memorable day.

Mr. & Mrs. - September 2005

You are the most amazing man I know, Mr. Schalk. You make me laugh with your quick wit and ornery ways. Your hobbies are so interesting and thought out. I love to see you plan projects and learn new things. Only you can capture my attention with Norm Abram and his building ways. I never knew I cared so much about lathes and miter saws, but you make it all seem so interesting. God has put such distinct goals on your heart, and I know He will see them to completion and to His glory. What an honor to be your wife and walk beside you through this life of ours.

IMG_2817 - Version 2
Cricketbaby - 2011

Little did I know six years ago what an amazing father you would be. My oh my, what would I do without you? Thank you for all you do to help keep this family running smoothly. You are the solid rock of our family in so many ways. Thank you for keeping the yard so nice, for making housework a team effort and for not balking at the crazy dinners we've had lately (and more often than not making dinner and cleaning up while I'm with the baby). Yes, I'm aware of how blessed I am. I thank God every day for you. Thank you for finding humor in this crazy life of ours.

More than all that you do is how much you love. The way you love your daughter is enough to make my heart burst a million times over. Cricket truly lights up when she sees you! You two already have such a special relationship. I love to watch it grow and can only imagine the trouble...I mean the memories...you both will make in the years to come. She is such a lucky little lady to have you as her Dad. No wonder she is happy almost all the time! I smile, too, just being around you.

Happy Anniversary, Mr. Schalk! You are the love of my life. I respect you so much and consider it one of the best decisions of my life to say "I do" six sweet years ago. I love you forever and a day, husband!

Love, Your Rachel

6 comments:

  1. so sweet. i love hearing gushy stuff like this. i think marriage is so beautiful and often gets pushed to the side nowadays, so celebration is so important! happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe... happy anniversary to you & your husband!! hope you have a special day together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! It doesn't seem that long ago that you two got married! My how time flies when you've found that special someone to share it with :) ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God continue to bless your marriage with many more wonderful years and memories together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! This is so so sweet! :) Hope it was a a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!