A while back I was visiting one of my fave blogs, {damaskdesigns} where the lovely A was discussing her upcoming booth at Horton's 3rd Annual French Flea Market. Um...stop the presses! A French Flea Market so close to home? It was true! I quickly put a reminder in my calendar, although I did not need one because I was so excited!
There were SO many booths each full of vintage, handmade and just plain fantastic items. To be honest, I was a wee bit overwhelmed. I had no idea what to expect and was on total sensory overload.


Mr. Schalk came with me and Cricket, which made it lots of fun. Horton's is not just a garden center and home boutique but Tipton's local hardware store, as well. Picture small town, family run kind of hardware store. The best kind! So, Mister got his man shopping on and scored some wood filler while I perused pretty things like these aprons.
Check out that price tag. Nice! The lovely shop owners, Carrie and Doug from Hot House Market, were super kind and quite creative. They had so many items that caught my eye. The vintage suitcases in the first picture were in their shop. My heart may have skipped a beat.
Cricket helped me inspect this lovely blue gingham number. We both decided it belonged in my ever-growing apron collection.
I am kicking myself for not buying these glasses at Rene's Memories of Home shop. They were $3, people! I kept thinking they were frivolous, but seriously...three bucks! They would have been great as a photo prop or in a dress up trunk. Big sigh...
Next year I will have a better plan of attack. Perhaps a small diaper bag on my back and a point and shoot camera? Oh well, live and learn. It was definitely fun having Cricket with us. She seemed to enjoy looking at all the different items and smiling for kind people we paused to talk to.

Au revoir until next year Horton's French Flea Market!
xoxo, Rachel
xoxo, Rachel












Cricket is seriously the cutest thing ever!It may be divine intervention that we didn't meet @ the french flea...Me & my sil were already having serious baby fever & I think she would have completely sent us over the edge!..but we could have held her, while you shopped :)...btw..have you tried a sling? I loved "hotslings" & used it all the time w/ my babies!
ReplyDeleteBlessings...
That market looks really nice! I loved the look of everything I saw : )
ReplyDeleteI guess motherhood is a learning process and year by year you will become wiser!
Happy Monday : )
Gemma xXx
Your making my "must move back to the midwest" itch stronger! Looks like a fun day. (and you need a baby carrier to free up those hands :-)
ReplyDeleteSweet, sweet pictures. I need to figure out if KC has something like that. What an awesome market!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, you two are so adorable! Look at her little headband! She is such a cutie pie! That flea market looks like so much fun :) I love the little apron you bought, and what a bargain!
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you had a fun time!