I adore Arthur! I can't wait to introduce him to Cricket one day. Cricket + Aardvark = Cool!
With Earth Day being today (& my sister's bday...happy birthday Seeeester!) I got to thinking of what the day meant to me as a kid. It would still be a few years before terms like "going green" and "excuse me, is that organic?" would be commonplace. However, we were taught the value of being kind to our Earth. It was the days of "reduce, reuse & recycle" don't you know? A lot of years I would even decorate a t-shirt with Earth day slogans and wear it to school. I vividly remember a big earth colored in green and blue markers on my shirt. Yeah, I was that cool.
All of the "be kind to the Earth" talk of my school days made an impact on how I live today. I still very much care about taking care of our Earth, the animals and being kind to one another. I even ask Mr. Schalk to cut the plastic rings from pop cans just in case they still find their way to the dolphins and fish. He is such a good sport about it. We are entrusted to take care of what God has given us, which includes not just adorable gurgly babies but also this beautiful land and its creatures. There is A LOT more that I could do, but each step counts. I want Cricket to enjoy the beautiful trees, flowers and animals just as much as I did as a kiddo (and still do).
Here are my top 5 Earth Day feel goods:
1. Give a tree a hug. You know you want to. If nothing else it will give your arms a good stretch if you pick wisely. Does anyone else take extra deep breaths around big trees to see if they can get more oxygen? Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?
2. Consider using a travel water bottle instead of plastic ones. I bought this one for about $5 with a coupon and love it. The straw rocks! I go everywhere with it. I even took it to the hospital when Cricket was born. What, you want to see another picture of Cricket? Okayyyyy...Chilaxin' this morning in her uber cute bunny romper courtesty of my Seeeeester (Happy Birthday again, The Liz!)
3. Wear a vintage/thrifted/hand-me-down item of clothing. You'll be unique and good looking while practicing the 3 R's.
I really like this dress from Flour Clothing.4. Use Tupperware to carry your lunch goodies instead of plastic bags. Or just carry your lunch in your hands...that could be quite interesting on soup day!
5. And finally, the number 5 Earth Day feel good....
...tell someone you love them!
It will make you smile, them smile and the Earth just a wee bit happier place to live in. I love you guys!
Happy Earth Day and more importantly Happy Easter! Praising God that Christ sacrificed his life for ours and is ALIVE! Thank you Jesus for the best gift ever...YOU!!!
xoxo, Rachel


No comments:
Post a Comment