Plain Chocolate Fudge from Joann's - simple, sweet and original
Would you believe I still have photos to share with you from our trip to Mackinac Island? Who knew such a small place could hold so much in the way of photo ops? It's true! July is a great time to be on the island. The flowers, trees and scenery are in full bloom! Although, Mr. Schalk and I would like to visit in the winter sometime. The photos we've seen look like a winter wonderland. Has anyone visited Mackinac Island in the winter? Is it as lovely as I imagine?
No matter what time of year you visit, if you go to Mackinac Island you'd be one tough cookie to pass up the fudge. Me? I am definitely NOT one tough cookie. I've tried a few of the fudge shops on the island and have decided that Joann's is my favorite. Don't get me wrong they are all delicious. And I do not have a scientific analysis of pros and cons. What sold me was that Joann's had a great 3 slice deal and they even let me split one of the slices into halves so I could try another flavor (I went for the Chocolate Orange truffle). Others have 5 slice deals, but that is a little much even for me. Perhaps if I had friends with me. The topper that made Joann's my fave was their chocolate almond.
Oh my! I thought I was a chocolate walnut fudge girl. But oh no no. I am all about the chocolate almond! They seriously pack this fudge with a million and four almond bites. I would show you a picture, but I was too busy indulging in chocolate almond goodness. Yum! Luckily Mr. Schalk took the above photo of a work in progress. Pretty cool even for a plain jane flavor. One can't go wrong with good ol' chocolate fudge!
In case you were wondering you can order Joann's Fudge via their website and have it delivered straight to your doorstep. For those times you are in the market for a unique and delectable gift. Or you're just really craving Mackinac Island fudge, which is equally understandable.
And now a few more photos from our time on Mackinac Island.
Happy Travels!
xoxo, Rachel









I *love* photos of churches, and that church is no exception. Beautiful ornate elements, yet still quaint!
ReplyDeleteOh, and now I really want a piece of fudge! :)
I love taking pictures at Mackinac! St. Anne's church is one of my favorites!
ReplyDeleteThis place looks so wonderful and I'm sure I would be in heaven with all the fudge. Fudge is one of my favorite childhood memories. :)
ReplyDelete